London Lady: “Luckiest shot ever!”
The joys and opportunities of youth are not lost on my son, Miles. He made the most of his post-Med School / pre-Residency break by
– Visiting Vancouver and BC’s Sunshine Coast
– Driving from Buffalo to Los Angeles
– Attending his Med School’s Commencement and Awards ceremonies
– Finding an apartment in Boston
– Travelling through Europe for ten days
– Oh, and attending several dozen parties (it seemed).
Here are some photos from his Europe trip.
“There was a really neat church in the Czech Republic that needed to exhume thousands of bodies that had died during The Plague to make room in its cemetery. So they decorated a church with thousands and thousands of human bones!”
“An example of the bright, colorful artwork on the Berlin wall. One of my favorite parts of the trip.”
“This is the site of Hitler’s former underground bunker in which he killed himself. Today, it’s a parking lot for an apartment building with absolutely no plaque, commemoration, etc. There’s a small sign on the street indicating the site, but besides that, there is nothing. Very fitting.”